Chosen few

by Mel dela Pena

I've always got lots of friends, but only few know me too well to actually know what is going through my crazy head.

I couldn't be more thankful to have a very good friend who knew exactly what to say just as I said what my head (and heart) screamed for. She understands, and she doesn't comfort me for she says what she thinks is right, even if it will hurt me. I think true friends are supposed to be like that, bringing you up and changing you to the better and doesn't spoil you with comforting words you'd always want to hear when you're going through something. Rest assured, they're still on your side.

No one actually reads my blog, but if ever this comes out to the public, I'd want the world to know that I am very blessed to have met someone like you, Trisha Villanueva. Thank you for listening to me yesterday, when I'm so down and just needed someone to talk to. It's you I chose to talk to about it cause despite not getting to bond like before, you still know me. And you're one of the chosen few who actually do, and put up with me even if my views are on the other side of the world. You bring me back to where I'm supposed to be, and I couldn't be more thankful. Your words may not be the kindest at times, but they're the best words to hear to snap me back to reality, and remind me that things don't always go my way and people will always change and hurt me even if they intentionally do it or not. I'm thankful, and you are a blessing. :)

I hope you get to read this one day. This post goes to Jikay Laborte as well, with whom I seek guidance in almost everything when I'm troubled. You girls always know the exact words to say, and a thank you wouldn't be enough to tell how happy I am that God gave me friends like you. But from the bottom of my heart, thank you. I don't know if I could return the favor, but I will always try. :)

There's a lot of people I'd like to thank, but for this post and as a reflection of yesterday's (and the past couple of says) feeling, it's you two I'd like to commend.

Again, thank you. :)