Stressed and spoiled

by Mel dela Pena

I have been staying up late for two consecutive nights already because of work. I slept at 2AM last Tuesday (technically Wednesday) and 1:30AM last night and it has caused me to miss two training days. It's a little bit frustrating cause everything just seems to be fighting for the most important priority for me right now. I know I should've slept earlier, but I have to submit my work before 8AM the following day, so I kinda have no choice but stay up and finish it, as there will be no time to cram in the morning. Training normally ends at around 7:30AM, and there's no way I'd get home by 8. That's just plain impossible.

I am mad at myself cause we have a race this coming Sunday, and missing training was the last thing on my list right now. We need to work and improve on a lot of things and having missed training significantly affects the whole of it. And now that I am still not done with work, I cannot attend pool training. Sigh. Must make up for it tomorrow!

Joining my family for breakfast is something that actually shocks not only my mom, but the whole household as well. It's just not normal on normal days. Whenever my mom sees me, she always says, "Oh! You're here. Aren't you supposed to be in training?" And then I just frown, and tell her I worked til the wee hours the night before and I didn't get to wake up in time. This happened two days in a row already, and after reasoning out, she scolds me, "You definitely should give yourself a break. The reason why you can't wake up early is because you hardly even rest. You force yourself to do everything you want to do, but you don't consider taking care of yourself." Not verbatim, but you get the idea. I don't really like being reprimanded, but this time, it was actually pretty nice. I felt concern and loved. For some reason, it was something I've been wanting to feel in a while now... Well, just since that thing last Sunday.

After being scolded this morning, mom and dad came home with a lot of groceries to spoil me! They bought a couple of days stock of fruits: watermelon, bananas, mangoes, apples and grapes! And they even got me a lot of cashews. YUM! My parents do know me well, and yes, these goodies make me a very happy and lucky kid. Mom added that they'd just shop for my veggies tomorrow at the market after church. Ahhh, I love my parents. If being scolded gives this kind of perk, then I'd gladly disobey them... Kidding!

Anyway, there has been someone snooping and reading my blog... I know it. Please let me know who you are. Drop a comment?

I don't know if it's just insomnia that's keeping me up the past few days or the excessive coffee I consume to not fall asleep while working. Maybe it's the coffee. Well I better get back to work now; I wouldn't want to sleep late again tonight! And oh, I made sure to drink decaffeinated coffee today!